Will center in Human Design
What is Human Design?
Human Design is a system that shows the unique energetic blueprint you were born with.
It is a synthesis of science and esoteric traditions. It is synthesized from the chakra system, astrology, I’Ching, and Kabbalah, combined with genetic coding and astrophysics knowledge.
A specialized software prepares your Human Design Life Chart (also known as BodyGraph) based on your date of birth (time, day, month, year, place).
From your Human Design Chart, you will find out what kind of person you were born to be. The Chart shows your unique potential, free from any conditioning.
The Human Design Chart has several elements. One of them is nine energy centers that are energy hubs in the body and represent different aspects.
In this post, I will tell you about the Will center (also called the Heart center or Ego center).
Will center’s functions
The Will center is one of the three motor centers. The Emotions center and Root center are the other two.
It is located on the right side of your Human Design chart, just below the diamond-shaped Self center.
This center is primarily responsible for:
- willpower and motivation
- the material world, including money
- tribal interactions (providing for family, friends, and other type of tribe)
Biologically, the Will center is related to the heart muscle, thymus gland, stomach, and gold bladder.
What does it mean that your center is defined or undefined?
Your Human Design Chart shows you if a center is defined, undefined, or open.
You have constant access to the center’s functions if defined (on your HD Chart, it is marked in color). The energy of such a center flows from the inside to the environment. The movement of energy is from the inside to the outside.
Undefined or open center (on your HD Chart, it is white) takes information and energy from the outside to the inside. You are then more susceptible to environmental influences in terms of the functions of a given center. You may tend to accept information and the energy of others as yours. At the same time, such a center represents the potential for wisdom and seeing things without attachments.
Do you have a defined Will center?
If your Will center is defined, in particular:
- you have a natural sense of self-worth
- you can be convincing and take over control in challenging situations
- you have consistent access to willpower that allows you to reach your goals and keep your promises
- sometimes you forget that the will center works to rest, and you override your lack of energy and internal authority with the mind’s driven “I will do it.”
- all things material, including negotiating deals, setting conditions, valuing things, etc, are your world
Statistically, people with a defined Will center constitute only 30 % of the population.
Do you have an undefined or open Will center?
If your Will center is undefined or open, in particular:
- you may lack self-worth and a sense of own value
- you often compare yourself to others and try to prove that you are good enough in many ways, including impressing others
- you could have difficulty keeping promises due to a lack of consistent access to willpower
- you love to spend money
- if your Will center is undefined, you feel that you constantly need to prove yourself
- if your Will center is open, you may not know what worthiness is and how to measure it
Statistically, people with undefined and open Will centers constitute 70 % of the population.
Stay tuned for a new video in the Interviews folder if you would like to learn how to deal with the challenges of defined and undefined Will center.
If you would like to find out what is your unique potential and what are the features of your individual Human Design Chart, I invite you to the Discover Your Unique Potential session.